Silence Your Injury and DEFY GRAVITY with SDRI’s Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill
Now you can train like the pros!
[blockquote]The most successful rehabilitation and training tool unleashed on the world to happen in my lifetime.[/blockquote]
-Dr. Victor J. Runco, co-owner San Diego Running Institute,
10 time Ultra Marathoner, and multiple injury patient himself
Continue to train without pain. Be more comfortable and experience more effective training and exercise using patented NASA body weight support technology. By using the AlterG to effectively decrease your body weight you will be able to continue to run even with a fracture or other injury!
See the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill demonstrated by Dr. Runco:
See the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill demonstrated by Dr. Runco explains the benefits of using the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill for rehabilitation after an injury to Heather Myers on San Diego Living:
Who SHOULD use the Alter-G?
Athletes, weekend warriors, post surgery, hip and knee replacements and those just looking to preserve their joints can benefit from the AlterG technology. If the runner or athlete is injured and running is painful typically these athletes are sidelined or benched. For long distance runners this usually means they will not achieve their goal. Now, with the AlterG technology injured runners and athletes can continue to run and maintain their cardiovascular fitness and muscle mass while at the same time return to sport sooner and less de-conditioned.
- Allows adjustable impact while walking or running. We simply adjust the AlterG to take a percent of your body weight away thus making you lighter with the same associated percent decrease taken away from your muscles, bones and joints You will be amazed as the pain just…disappears!
- Allows for gradual progression of exercise. Some injuries or joint replacements can mean a long road to recovery…not anymore! With the AlterG we can start you on the road to recovery sooner and scientifically progress you forward by gradually adding a percent of your body weight back as your body strengthens and adapts.
- Minimizes impact and torsion forces that can lead to injury. Runners who want to increase their mileage but minimize their risk of injury can now do so with the AlterG technology. Even older runners who have decreased their mileage or stopped running altogether can run pain-free on the AlterG!
How does the Alter-G work?
Using NASA patented Differential Air Pressure technology and clinically supervised by a Doctor, the AlterG “unweights” you by as much as 80% of your current body weight (adjustable in 1% increments). This uniquely adjustable process allows the user to walk or run pain free in a comfortable and stable environment.
- A computer precisely reduces ground reaction forces 1% at a time
- Decreases discomfort and encourages normal biomechanics
- Generates a safe and stable environment to work on technique
- Allows for increase training volume with less impact and ground reaction forces
Can I use the same equipment the pros use…
but at a fraction of the cost?
The AlterG has revolutionized rehabilitation techniques in walking and running sports. Elite athletes and runners have benefited from this technology for years and now you can too! From world class marathoners to the LA Lakers, the Chicago Bears to the Boston Red Sox, trainers and sports medicine professionals use the AlterG to get out-of-this-world results. Nothing is like the AlterG. Pool running, bungee cords and other devices used to “unweight” a person are things of the past. The AlterG does not simulate walking and running, it is walking and running, you just weigh less.
How Much Does it Cost to Run on the AlterG?
Individual sessions and Packages are available in 30 and 60-minute increments. Prices decrease as more sessions are purchased. For example, a single half hour session is only $30 while a 10 session package deal is only $22 per session for total of $220. For a runner this is an amazing deal! A visit to a doctor, massage therapist, personal trainer or physical therapist would cost between $75-$150 and may require multiple visits and will probably not get you back to running any sooner. Now your rehab for your running injury can be……running! Why do lame “grandma” exercises or be miserable on a exercise bike when you can run WHILE YOUR BODY IS REPAIRING! As you improve we add weight back onto you using the amazing AlterG technology so that by the time you are 100% you have lost no running strength or cardio. Here is an example. You are diagnosed with a stress fracture and told you can not run for 6 weeks. You start running on the AlterG week 2 of your injury at 50% your body weight. Between week 2-3 your stress fracture heals 10%. During week 3 we add 10% to your body weight allowing you to run at 60% of your current body weight. Between weeks 3-4 your bone heals another 10%. During week 4 we increase your body weight on the AlterG another 10% allowing you to run at 70% of your body weight. Between weeks 4-5 your bone continues to heal another 10% so we add another 10% on allowing you to run at 80% your body weight. Between weeks 4-5 your bone improvesd another 10%. This allows us to increase your body weight to 90% as you run during week 5. Between weeks 5-6 your stress fracture is close to being healed. Your last week on the AlterG we adjust your body weight back to 100%. You run without pain and also the confidence that your fracture is healed. You ran the entire time all the while gradually increasing your body weight as your fracture healed. Not only did you maintain your cardio but none of your running muscles atrophied……you could literally go run a half marathon the following week…..I know because I personally ran 4x a week at 2 hour increments with a stress fracture. I ran the Lost Boys 50 Mile Desert to Mountains Ultramarathon the following week and my leg held up beautifully!
1/2 hour session = $30 1 hour double session = $60
4 sessions = $112/$28 per 4 double sessions = $224
6 sessions = $156/$26 per 6 double sessions = $312
8 sessions = $192/$24 per 8 double sessions = $384
10 sessions = $220/$22 per 10 double sessions = $440
Call the San Diego Running Institute today to schedule your AlterG session(s). 858-268-8525
Who can use SDRI’s AlterG?
The San Diego Running Institute’s AlterG anti-gravity treadmill is available to:
- Existing Patients of the San Diego Running Institute (SDRI) by appointment only.
- New Patients of the San Diego Running Institute (SDRI) by appointment only.
- Available if the potential user/patient has a valid prescription (with diagnosis) from their existing doctor. The script must be an original, including the physicians name, phone number, fax, and license number. This can be faxed to SDRI at 858-268-8526 directly from your medical facility of choice just by calling your doctor and having their office fax it.
- For non-injured athletes and runners who want to use the Alter-G, please contact us for specifics.
What are the experts and leading authorities saying?
Our revolutionary Anti-Gravity Treadmill is used by the world’s best athletes, universities and sports teams
I think it’s the best piece of equipment made for running in the last 30 years, the most revolutionary piece of equipment, without a doubt!
-Alberto Salazar, Director of Nike Oregon Project
American Running Legend
The AlterG is the most significant advance in training equipment for distance runners in the last half century.
-Amby Burfoot, Editor at Large, Runners World
What do i need to do to book my AlterG appointment?
Call the San Diego Running Institute today to schedule your Alter-G session(s).
Call (858) 268-8525 or email email@example.com if you have additional questions.