Silence Your Injury and DEFY GRAVITY with SDRI’s Alter-G
Now you can train like the pros.
“The most significant training tool unleashed on the world of rehabilitation and running to happen in my lifetime.”
— Dr. Victor J. Runco, co-owner San Diego Running Institute and
10 time Ultra Marathoner
Continue to train without pain. Be more comfortable and experience more effective training and exercise using patented NASA body weight support technology. By using the AlterG to effectively decrease your body weight you will be able to continue to run even with a fracture or other injury!
See the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill being used with professional athletes by clicking http://www.alterg.com/rehabilitation-equipment/videos
“The AlterG is the most significant advance in training equipment for distance runners in the last half century.”
Editor at Large , Runners World
Who can use the AlterG?
Athletes, weekend warriors, post surgery, hip and knee replacements and those just looking to preserve their joints can benefit from the AlterG technology. If the runner or athlete is injured and running is painful typically these athletes are sidelined or benched. For long distance runners this usually means they will not achieve their goal. Now, with the AlterG technology injured runners and athletes can continue to run and maintain their cardiovascular fitness and muscle mass while at the same time return to sport sooner and less deconditioned.
- Allows adjustable impact while walking or running. We simply adjust the AlterG to take a percent of your body weight away thus making you lighter with the same associated percent decrease taken away from your muscles, bones and joints You will be amazed as the pain just….disappears!
- Allows for gradual progression of exercise. Some injuries or joint replacements can mean a long road to recovery…….not anymore! With the AlterG we can start you on the road to recovery sooner and scientifically progress you forward by gradually adding a percent of your body weight back as your body strengthens and adapts.
- Minimizes impact and torsion forces that can lead to injury. Runners who want to increase their mileage but minimize their risk of injury can now do so with the AlterG technology. Even older runners who have decreased their mileage or stopped running altogether can run pain-free on the AlterG!
How does the ALterG work?
Using NASA patented Differential Air Pressure technology and clinically supervised by a Doctor,
the AlterG “unweights” you by as much as 80% of your current body weight (adjustable in 1% increments). This uniquely adjustable process allows the user to walk or run pain free in a comfortable and stable environment.
- A computer precisely reduces ground reaction forces 1% at a time
- Decreases discomfort and encourages normal biomechanics
- Generates a safe and stable environment to work on technique
- Allows for increase training volume with less impact and ground reaction forces
USE THE SAME EQUIPMENT THE PRO’S USE but at a fraction of the cost
The AlterG has revolutionized rehabilitation techniques in walking and running sports. Elite athletes and runners have benefited from this technology for years and now you can too!. From world class marathoners to the LA Lakers, the Chicago Bears to the Boston Red Sox, trainers and sports medicine professionals use the AlterG to get out-of-this-world results. Nothing is like the AlterG. Pool running, bungee cords and other devices used to “unweight” someone are things of the past. The AlterG does not simulate walking and running, it is walking and running, you just weigh less.
Call the San Diego Running Institute today to schedule your AlterG session(s). 858-268-8525
Individual sessions and Packages are available. Even “Double Sessions/Packages” for those that want to get in a longer training run, rehabilitation, or workout session on the same day.
Who CAN USE THE ALTER-G at sdri?
The AlterG anti-gravity treadmill is available to:
1. Existing Patients of the San Diego Running Institute (SDRI)
2. New Patients of the San Diego Running Institute (SDRI)
3. Available if the patient has a valid prescription from their doctor including the diagnosis
Double sessions for those that want longer runs are also available. Each session is 50 minutes so a double would be 1:40:00.
1 session = $67
4 sessions = $250
6 sessions = $350
8 sessions = $440
10 Sessions = $525
12 Sessions = $600
Our revolutionary Anti-Gravity Treadmill is used by the world’s best athletes, universities and sports teams
“I think it’s the best piece of equipment made for
running in the last 30 years, the most revolutionary
piece of equipment, without a doubt!”
Director of Nike Oregon Project
American Running Legend