This is information for New Patients, including Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
Do We Take Insurance: No we are an all cash practice as of 01-01-2020.
- It is $227 for the Initial Examination (or Re-Exam if it has been over 1 year for existing patients) …this includes any treatment, therapy, or home exercise plans at your appointment. (We take Cash, Checks, M/C, Visa, Discover, American Express, Debit cards, HSA & FSA cards)
- Detailed “Superbill” Receipts are offered at each visit if you have an FSA, HSA, or require one for other purposes. However you MUST ask the Front Desk for this receipt at checkout. We cannot email them, despite wanting to save paper.
What Do Orthotics Cost & Will My Insurance Cover It: The cost for a single pair is $427. If you want 2 pairs made at the exact same time (perhaps for a running shoe and a hiking boot, or work shoe) the cost is $600. This 2nd pair discount does NOT apply if you purchase another pair at a later date.
Most insurance does NOT cover the cost of “CUSTOM” orthotics when made at our clinic. However, we can supply you with a Superbill– if you’d like to submit it on your own.
If I Only Want Orthotics, Do I Have To Pay for the Exam Too: No. Our expertise in diagnosing IF you need orthotics, WHY you need them, and HOW to best resolve your issue/injury is included in the $427.
What If I am an Existing Patient & Was In Less Than a Year Ago: The fee is $60 Cash for treatment
How Can I Get an Appt Quickly: Just do the following immediately …
Go to our website/fill out the “Patient Intake Forms” COMPLETELY!–then email Dr. Allen at email@example.com and let him know you would like to schedule an office visit.
Do NOT skip sections. It’s CRITICAL that you fill out everything (except the insurance page) … THEN CLICK the “SUBMIT” button to securely create your file. AFTER doing so just CALL (see below) to complete the process:
Can I Just CALL the Office to Schedule My Appt: Yes, of course …
858-268-8525 … however we request you make sure to do the following:
- ALWAYS leave a message, often the staff are on other lines and you will roll right into voice mail. But we do NOT have caller ID, or a way to know you have called. So by hanging up it’s as if you never called us.
- Include your FIRST & LAST Name, and if you are a NEW Patient or Existing Patient.
- Include the best phone number to call you back, AND the best time to reach you. (Sorry … we cannot send/receive texts. This is a landline.)
- Explain what you need, AND that you completed the Forms online. This will help to speed the booking process. Often we have same day appointments … so providing these 4 things ensures a quick reply!!
You can also now text for an appointment. (858) 322-8581
- Text your full name and that you would like an appointment. Someone in the office will response to you ASAP.
Here are our normal business hours of operation and a link with directions to our office in Kearney Mesa: https://www.sdri.net/contact-us/
Monday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Tuesday 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Thursday 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
Hours can change due to patient scheduling.
If you have any questions about your injury or issue, please feel free to email them to me ahead of time so I can answer them or make sure to address them at your appointment. Email Drallen@sdri.net