What is a Gait Analysis
San Diego Running Institute now offers the most sophisticated and valuable gait analysis for those interested in preventing injury. The in-depth analysis is performed conveniently at our state of the art facility and will provide you with immediate feedback and information that will help you avoid injury and improve performance.
At the San Diego Running & Sports Injury Clinic the Computerized Gait Analysis is performed and accompanied by a series of other tests that will provide valuable information immediately.
What can I Expect at my Gait Analysis Appointment
- Navicular Drop Test: This clinical test is a predictor of rear foot pronation and provides insight into general foot strength and flexibility.
- Arch Scan: This test helps to categorize your foot shape, arch type and arch flexibility.
- Weight: An accurate body weight is taken to help determine how much or how little support is needed in your shoes.
- Synchronized, Bilateral Weight Scales: You will stand on 2 scales that are calibrated together to determine how symmetrical you distribute your body weight. This test helps to shed light on reasons why someone might experience pain or injury only on one side of their body as well as identify compensation.
- Computerized Postural Analysis: Pictures are taken of you from the front and back. The computer will analyze your overall posture and provide immediate feedback for postural correction. This is an invaluable tool to help correct muscle imbalances, leg length inequality and avoid injury.
- Computerized Gait Analysis: You will be recorded running on our treadmill with up to 3 different trials being recorded (if necessary). We can record and analyze you with and without your orthotics or if you prefer we can compare you running in up to 2 different types of shoes. Runners always want to know what type of shoe they need. Our gait analysis equipment provides immediate feedback and allows runners for the first time to see themselves running as others do. The gait analysis allows runners to not only choose the appropriate shoe but also to make changes to their running form that may help them improve performance and decrease their risk of injury.
Common Conditions Gait Analysis can be used for
|Iliotibial Band Syndrome||Heel Pain|
|Runner’s Knee||Plantar Plate Sprains|
|Plantar Fascitis||Piriformis Syndrome|
|Achilles Tendinitis, Bursitis & Tendonopathy||Shin Splints (Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome)|
|MCL & LCL Injuries||Meniscus Tears|
|Ankle Sprains||Calf and Hamstring Strains|
|Leg Length Discrepancy||Ischial Bursitis|
|Mortons Neuroma||Hamstring Tendonopathy|
How do I schedule an Appointment for my Gait Analysis
To schedule an appointment call: 858-268-8525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to bring the shoes you would like to be videotaped in, any orthotics you would like to be videotaped walking or running in, shorts and a sports bra if you are female.
A computerized gait analysis is not meant to replace a diagnosis by a doctor and in no way provides a diagnosis of why you are getting your running injury.
Great Local Resources for Running Shoes