San Diego Running Institute now offers the most sophisticated and valuable combination of motion and postural analysis for those interested in preventing injury. The in-depth analysis is performed conveniently at our state of the art facility and will provide you with immediate feedback and information that will help you avoid injury and improve performance.
At the San Diego Running Institute the Computerized Postural and Gait Analysis is performed by our doctors and is accompanied by a series of other tests that will provide valuable information immediately.
Here is a summary of what you can expect at your appointment:
- Navicular Drop Test: This clinical test is a predictor of the rear foot pronation and provides clinical insight into general foot strength and flexibility.
- Arch Scan: This test helps to categorize your foot shape, arch type and arch flexibility.
- Weight: An accurate body weight is taken to help determine how much or how little support is needed in your shoes.
- Body Fat Measurement: Body fat is taken electronically and provides you with immediate feedback regarding your lean body mass. Running injuries are associated with excess body fat percentage.
- Synchronized, Bilateral Weight Scales: You will stand on 2 scales that are calibrated together to determine how symmetrical you distribute your body weight. This clinical test helps to shed light on reasons why someone might experience pain or injury only on one side of their body as well as identify compensation.
- Computerized Postural Analysis: Pictures are taken of you from the front and side. The computer will analyze your overall posture and provide immediate feedback for postural correction. This is an invaluable tool to help correct muscle imbalances, leg length inequality and avoid injury.
- Computerized Gait Analysis: You will be recorded running on our treadmill with up to 3 different trials being recorded. We can record and analyze you with and without your orthotics or if you prefer we can compare you running in up to 3 different types of shoes. Runners always want to know what type of shoe they need. Our motion analysis equipment provides that immediate feedback and allows runners for the first time to see themselves running as others do. The information allows runners to not only choose the appropriate shoe but also to make changes to their running form that may help them improve performance and decrease their risk of injury.
Common Conditions Successfully treated include but are not limited to…
|Iliotibial Band Syndrome||Heel Pain|
|Runner’s Knee||Plantar Plate Sprains|
|Plantar Fascitis||Piriformis Syndrome|
|Achilles Tendinitis, Bursitis & Tendonopathy||Shin Splints (Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome)|
|MCL & LCL Injuries||Meniscus Tears|
|Ankle Sprains||Calf and Hamstring Strains|
|Leg Length Discrepancy||Ischial Bursitis|
|Mortons Neuroma||Hamstring Tendonopathy|
Call 858-268-8525 to schedule your Computerized Postural and Gait Analysis. Make sure to bring the shoes you would like to be videotaped in, any orthotics you would like to be videotaped walking or running in, shorts and a sports bra if you are female.